- Catalyst Recording was established in 1992, in Charlotte NC and has has hosted over 700 recording projects … including in-studio work and our mobile (location) recording service.
- Discography and references available by request only. Demo CD’s or direct links are available on a custom basis only, please call or write to request one. Please visit our SoundCloud (www.soundcloud.com/catalyst-recording) to stream our demo reel, which has music production projects in a multitude of styles.
- Catalyst Recording accepts cash, checks, credit/debit cards (plus 3% fee if swiped/dipped, 6% if not), Apple Pay (3%) and PayPal (plus 3%). Payment is due upon completion of services, or one week in advance for discounted blocks.
- In the event that a session must be cancelled, advance notice is required. There is no fee for re-scheduled sessions (ie. vocalist with sore throat) if 24 hours advance notice is given. There are no refunds on blocks of time once purchased.
- Catalyst Recording is open from 10 am to 7 pm seven days a week, by appointment only. Saturday or Sunday sessions require a 50% deposit to hold the date. 8-hour blocks are preferred for Saturday and Sunday dates, with a four hour minimum.
- All sessions or tours by appointment only.
- In-studio work is priced hourly, with a two hour minimum. The hourly rate is $40/per hour for tracking, overdubbing, editing and mixing services. Pricing may be higher for specialized services (i.e. analog recorders, rentals, unusual equipment) or project-based for custom services (consultations, composition, location recording).
- Discounts of $40 per session are available for “blocks” of time (full day – 8 hour sessions, weekdays only, paid a minimum of one week in advance, non-refundable) … eight hours for the price of seven, at $280.
- Location recording pricing is based on one day of work (including set-up, transformer split to PA system, two hours of concert recording, tear down and a rough stereo mix). Prices vary based on the number of tracks required (8, 16, 24 and 32 track packages are available), but 24 track projects are priced about one third (1/3) that of traditional recording trucks.
- Owner/engineer Rob Tavaglione has been in countless bands and has gigged from the Southeast USA to New York, to Los Angeles. He is a songwriter, singer, backup vocalist and multi-instrumentalist including guitar, bass, keyboards, programming and percussion.
- Rob got his start at Sound Source Recording Studios; where he started as staff engineer, became chief mastering engineer and eventually went on to become chief engineer. During Rob’s tenure, Sound Choice grew into a Fortune 500 company and the karaoke recording industry’s leader.
- After that, Rob moved on to the prestigious Reflection Sound Studios in Charlotte NC (as a staff engineer). There he worked on numerous projects with national artists like John P. Kee, Donald Lawrence and artist/producer Mark Sparks.
- After a brief stay there, Rob went “freelance” to many studios including White Room Studios, Media Comm, The Inspirational Network Studios, WTVI and many others.
- Having collected gear all his life, in 1992 Rob felt that he had enough equipment and experience to open Catalyst Recording. Twenty-three years later, with over 700 projects recorded, Catalyst Recording has becoming one of the leading recording studios in the Carolinas.
- Today, Rob writes reviews and articles for Pro Sound News, Mix Magazine, Performer Magazine, Pro Audio Review and Tangents (NC) and is recognized as an audio engineering expert, educator, lecturer and consultant … receiving two regional Emmy awards, sponsorships, accolades and letters from around the world.